Ernesto Cardenal kommer til byen+
18 years ago
The Warao are an indigenous group living in the Orinoco Delta, Venezuela. Having done extencive fieldwork among them, this blog contains some reflections about how I am to portray these people in my ongoing Phd thesis. Given that this thesis is written for an academic audience, on material culture, some theoretical stuff is needed. But I aim to always ground my theory in sound ethnography.
2 comments:
I'm reading you. I also see that you have an incredible posting-speed. The tendency to turn towards yourself; the reflection inducing quality of blogs; is natural. It stems from the constant question: Why am I doing it?
And you should continue! We can always use the unsound argument: A lot of blogs ar worse than mine. It's like saying: I'm not right, but you are even less right, which make me less wrong, which almost makes what I say true.
Hello you guys!
I'm just wondering if this blogging activity really helps you in the process of writing the phd-dissertation? (as Christian suggests in his profile) If it does, I will seriously consider doing it myself..!
Is that why you do it? Or is it just a kind of (fun) procrastination? Or a need for public recognition or a desire for understanding yourselves..? I'm just wondering because I was thinking of blogging during my fieldwork, but then I thought that it would take up too much of my time... (it definitively takes time reading your stuff, but it is also inspiring - so please continue!:)
Post a Comment